Hi, I’m Michelle.
I’m a location-independent software developer and entrepreneur.
I’m looking for/to:
- improve my Portuguese – e.g. through conversations with Portuguese natives
- improve my skills as a tech lead and technical project manager
- learn to surf
Inspired by Derek Sivers, this is where I share what I’m currently working on:
- I am in Lisbon, Portugal (my new homebase since February 2018).
- I am leading and developing in two software projects as the lead engineer.
- I am the tech lead of a new project creating a SaaS platform for Ethereum smart contracts.
- I’m learning and studying Portuguese! I can have basic everyday conversations and understand most media and simple literature already. My goal is to be conversationally fluent by the end of September. And I’m really enjoying it because it has intrinsic motivation for me and is not at all necessary, but a lot of fun 🙂
- I’m singing again! Something I hid from my life for years but now rediscovered. I just did a 30-day song challenge on my Facebook page.
Projects & Accomplishments
Technical Lead schulen.de (since 2018)
I am the technical lead and lead developer for the schulen.de platform. More info on the project coming soon.
My own tech stack includes Python 3, Django, PostgreSQL, Vue.JS, and Amazon Web Services.
Software Business (since 2018)
My newest business is still taking shape – I’ll update this section as soon as I’m ready to talk about it :).
WordPress Support HootProof.de (2015-2017)
I founded HootProof in early 2015 and grew it into a respected, 3-person company within 2 years. Keeping in mind that it was my first “real” business and the fact that it never had my undivided attention, it was the perfect opportunity for me to learn the basics of starting and growing a service business. In order to focus on new projects, I sold HootProof at the end of 2017.
My Own Business (since 2015)
Software Developer (2012-2015)
B.Sc. Computer Science (2012)
Studied Computer Science at Freie Universität Berlin (Germany) and Uppsala Universitet (Sweden), with a focus on UI/UX development. I completed my thesis at Konrad Zuse Institute Berlin.
I started a remote Master’s degree shortly after completing my Bachlelor’s, but quit because I saw so much more value in my practical experience as an employed software developer.